We are profoundly grateful to the 354 individuals, families, and foundations who together have raised a total of $2.72 million to fund completely the transformation of the original 1852 First Church into the new modern and efficient Parish and Community Center. This building functionally replaces and improves upon Fisher House on the opposite side of Church Street that has been sold to a private homeowner, now a welcome neighbor. The net sale proceeds have been added to the Church of the Messiah’s endowment fund.
The First Church renovation has transformed a local landmark into a facility that provides a welcoming gathering place for Woods Hole and the greater Falmouth community. It fulfills a wide range of needs: parish offices, including rector’s office, conference room, committee office, and music office. Upstairs is a spacious community room and a caterer-friendly kitchen.
Outside, a garden and patio offers opportunities for warm weather activities and events. Planned handicapped accessible pathways will connect the new Center to the Stone Church. Consolidating our campus on the north side of Church Street has improved both safety and efficiency as we carry on our roles as a spiritual center for Woods Hole and as faithful stewards of the Church of the Messiah and the Woods Hole Village Cemetery.